Monday, February 5, 2007

Why Would You Trust Me?

It’s a wild and scary jungle out here on the Internet! So, why would you trust me to tell you the truth about Internet Marketing? After all, trust is in limited supply and scammers and spammers are everywhere. Online, trust is golden. But unlike gold, trust has no price; it cannot be purchased, only earned.

This blog slowly tells a story. It will soon become the full story of how to use simple, powerful marketing strategies to realistically achieve six figure incomes.

I know many people dream about this but won't be able to do it. They might give it a feeble try and give up too easily. A few others will take what I have to say and go far beyond this into seven figures.

But if you're new....and you don’t know me and whether to trust or not...I will take you back in time...

I've been in direct marketing, online and off, way before 1200 baud modems and the Macintosh SE. In the early days of computerized advertising, we used Apple Macs, PageMaker and very expensive PostScript LaserWriters to clear the way. The three “A’s” of software was Adobe, Apple and Aldus. We were out to change to world with our digital graphics and writing skills.

Today, I have evolved into a “net nerd” because I love it. I have formal education in industrial design, graphic design and advertising. Worked as an art director in large ad agencies and design studios in Los Angeles, New York, London and even Saudi Arabia.

In my younger days I paid the dues with a few years of hands on training. Then, for some years, I oversaw the print and TV campaigns for some of the world's largest corporations and personally created ads for the world's largest travel aggregator and credit card company. In total, I've had over 30 years experience in advertising and marketing and more success stories than I can even remember (maybe one day over drinks I will tell you more).

In 1976, I started my first mail order venture by writing a 376 page book and recording audio tapes to comprise a package that sold through Psychology Today Magazine ads for four years straight. In 1980, I wrote and successfully published four more books and a six video tape back-end package that produced over $175,000 income that year (as a sideline).

By 1993, I was consistently earning six figures with mail order marketing. I was working from home and wanted to teach everyone else how to share in the same success. So, I wrote more books, produced training experiences and did some consulting. You can see what one noted mail order and Internet marketer, Carl Galletti had to say about me in one of his newsletters, I am listed there along with some very recognizable names in marketing.

Moving onward…in 1994 the first glimmers of Internet caught my attention and I started a business creating websites (design, content, SEO and hosting) for 124 businesses in 12 different industries and partnered with two hosting companies, which was all sold in 1998 for a tidy profit.

But you don't have to start trusting me on just these words. I have many testimonials from powerful people. I have hundreds of thank you letters, from ordinary people, who have been able to quit their day jobs and take control of their destinies because of my training.

But rather than filling up space to reproduce them here and ask you to take the time to read them, why not just ask around or Google me? Chances are, you will quickly find an interesting thing or two about my background.

So, in the end, if you don't know who to trust, ask around. Those of us who are out front and don't hide behind blank websites, help desks, support tickets and virtual assistants, will try to personally answer your email and help you however we can.

But in case you don't find anyone to ask...just know, I've been “doing the web thing” since the beginning of the Net Revolution. I've been blazing technological trails, preaching marketing truth, making it easier for people like you to succeed. Follow me if you want, but by the time you get to where I am, I'll be in front and looking around the next corner, creating new paths to follow...‘cause that's exactly what I do...

No comments: